Re: Hammock Hanging technique

  • David and Barbara Elliott
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1, 2009
      All,
      Let me make two corrections to my own post:
      The carabiners I spoke of say "500 Kg", not 450. (And, as Arye noted, "Caveat emptor.")
      I said I was using 7/32" Amsteel. That would be overkill, indeed. It's actually 7/64" Amsteel or Amsteel Blue - still plenty strong.
      David

    • Nate
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 2, 2009
        Where are you finding the Amsteel rope?
      • Arye P. R.
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 2, 2009
          Have you googled "Amsteel" there are many locations out there for it. It is just finding the right size and length. realise there are other ropes that use similar technology but under different names. If stretch is a concern the stronger the rope the less it will stretch (other factors apply here also)

          HTH

          <http://www.cbknot.com/ZingIt.htm>
          <http://www.cbknot.com/Amsteel.htm>

          <http://www.amsteelblue.com/cpage.cfm?cpid=448>

          <http://www.sailingservices.com/running_rig/rope_spectron12.htm>
          <http://www.sailingservices.com/running_rig/RR_cordage.htm>

          <http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Blue-Steel-Synthetic-Winches/dp/B000PUFL4U/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1238620266&sr=8-1>

          Manufacturers site:
          <http://www.samsonrope.com/>
          <http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?rope=190>

          Sapere Aude,

          Arye P. Rubenstein

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 3, 2009
            I buy it online from annapolis performance sailing
            http://www.apsltd.com
            but there are many on-line retailers

            liz

            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 6, 2009