Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Hammock Hanging technique

  • Arye P. R.
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 31, 2009
      your correct, my mistake

      but when I can get climbing carbianers (new and used on ebay) for ~5.00 each where is the deal?
      Note: I don't count grams & I just got 12 new aluminum climbing carabiners @3.75 Inc shipping - yes I drive a hard bargain. (Item Id:290304849804)

      Sapere Aude,

      Arye P. Rubenstein

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1, 2009
        All,
        Let me make two corrections to my own post:
        The carabiners I spoke of say "500 Kg", not 450. (And, as Arye noted, "Caveat emptor.")
        I said I was using 7/32" Amsteel. That would be overkill, indeed. It's actually 7/64" Amsteel or Amsteel Blue - still plenty strong.
        David

      • Nate
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 2, 2009
          Where are you finding the Amsteel rope?
        • Arye P. R.
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 2, 2009
            Have you googled "Amsteel" there are many locations out there for it. It is just finding the right size and length. realise there are other ropes that use similar technology but under different names. If stretch is a concern the stronger the rope the less it will stretch (other factors apply here also)

            HTH

            <http://www.cbknot.com/ZingIt.htm>
            <http://www.cbknot.com/Amsteel.htm>

            <http://www.amsteelblue.com/cpage.cfm?cpid=448>

            <http://www.sailingservices.com/running_rig/rope_spectron12.htm>
            <http://www.sailingservices.com/running_rig/RR_cordage.htm>

            <http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Blue-Steel-Synthetic-Winches/dp/B000PUFL4U/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1238620266&sr=8-1>

            Manufacturers site:
            <http://www.samsonrope.com/>
            <http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?rope=190>

            Sapere Aude,

            Arye P. Rubenstein

            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 3, 2009
              I buy it online from annapolis performance sailing
              http://www.apsltd.com
              but there are many on-line retailers

              liz

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 6, 2009