Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Hammock Hanging technique

  • Arye P. R.
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 31, 2009
      Thanks for the reply

      A note to others browse the site b4 ordering I found one for 6.98 and a pair for 2.99
      <http://www.treklightgear.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=7&idproduct=15>
      Check their promotions also! ... caveat emptor

      Sapere Aude,

      Arye P. Rubenstein

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 31, 2009
        That's two for 10.99 a 2.99 savings... 5.495 a piece for two

         Later
        Roger R
        Chaska, MN

        ________________________________

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 31, 2009
          your correct, my mistake

          but when I can get climbing carbianers (new and used on ebay) for ~5.00 each where is the deal?
          Note: I don't count grams & I just got 12 new aluminum climbing carabiners @3.75 Inc shipping - yes I drive a hard bargain. (Item Id:290304849804)

          Sapere Aude,

          Arye P. Rubenstein

          ________________________________

          > What brand are and where did you buy the 'strong, but non-climbing carabiners (450 Kg)'?
          > Sapere Aude,
          >
          > Arye P. Rubenstein

          Arye,
          I had purchased some carabiners from Treklight. They were marked with their logo and "450 Kg" and also a very tiny "www.lazerdesigns. com", so I found them at
          http://www.lazerdes igns.com/ Merchant2/ merchant. mvc?Screen= PROD&Product_ Code=CLOAD
          and purchased enough to get the price down to 3.25 each. I had them engraved with a potential logo for the business I'm starting now that I'm retired. You could call lazerdesigns and see where they get them or ask if they would sell some without logos.
          I see that they are still available from treklight, though the price has gone up. The ones I have weigh .8 oz. (22 gm).

          http://www.trekligh tgear.com/ catalog/pc/ viewPrd.asp? idproduct= 16&idcategory= 7
          Hope this helps.
          David

        • David and Barbara Elliott
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 1 8:00 AM
            All,
            Let me make two corrections to my own post:
            The carabiners I spoke of say "500 Kg", not 450. (And, as Arye noted, "Caveat emptor.")
            I said I was using 7/32" Amsteel. That would be overkill, indeed. It's actually 7/64" Amsteel or Amsteel Blue - still plenty strong.
            David

          • Nate
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 2 11:33 AM
              Where are you finding the Amsteel rope?
            • Arye P. R.
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 2 12:00 PM
                Have you googled "Amsteel" there are many locations out there for it. It is just finding the right size and length. realise there are other ropes that use similar technology but under different names. If stretch is a concern the stronger the rope the less it will stretch (other factors apply here also)

                HTH

                <http://www.cbknot.com/ZingIt.htm>
                <http://www.cbknot.com/Amsteel.htm>

                <http://www.amsteelblue.com/cpage.cfm?cpid=448>

                <http://www.sailingservices.com/running_rig/rope_spectron12.htm>
                <http://www.sailingservices.com/running_rig/RR_cordage.htm>

                <http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Blue-Steel-Synthetic-Winches/dp/B000PUFL4U/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1238620266&sr=8-1>

                Manufacturers site:
                <http://www.samsonrope.com/>
                <http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?rope=190>

                Sapere Aude,

                Arye P. Rubenstein

                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 3 11:10 AM
                  I buy it online from annapolis performance sailing
                  http://www.apsltd.com
                  but there are many on-line retailers

                  liz

                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 6 7:37 AM