Hammock Camping Re: Three Digests Later...

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
      Hi Ed,

      Yep, that is the reason I tested my hammock with the weight of the
      two of us as well. I use three bar tacks presently, but I am trying
      to make it strong enough to hold about 600 pounds... unlike in my
      climbing days when I would not have been satisfied with a load
      strength of under 3000-6000 pounds. It is amazing how much pull you
      can get in a fall.

      If anyone wants to put together a hammock that works perfectly well
      for two so you can do tests on webbing, just use two layers of 1.9
      ripstop. It works very nicely.