Re: Stealth Hammock Camping

  • Neal
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ginohav" <ginohav@...> wrote:

      I don't know about you
      > but I hate camping in a campground in a tent/hammock as I find it
      > noisy. I purchased my > hammock for stealth camping. If your from
      the ought to be a LAW! > The beauty of a hammock is that you
      > can camp anywhere there are trees. Nothing beats getting back to the
      > roots of camping by going into a state forest in the winter where
      > there are no people (there ought to be a law crowd) around for miles

      I've been on the BWCA & superior hiking trail mostly lately but due to
      this year's ED (economic downturn), I have decided that paying for $
      in gas or $ for nearby state campgrounds is a waste. I live along the
      minnesota river and stealth is my plan for this year. Getting fined
      for using the Bushbuddy will probably be cheaper than the above
      mentioned $. The only problem that I have here is that I have to carry
      all of my water in. (lots of farms & Hwys nearby) I did a hike along
      the minnesota river a few years ago and it was a lot of fun.
    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2009
        Hey, Laurie...way to go. Yes it IS a bit spendy, but from someone
        who just (on Friday) bought a $13K ($14,300 w/taxes, tags) popup
        camping trailer (2009 Aliner Classic), who am I to judge !;)

        Do post some photos about your travels. What plans do you have?

        sandy in miami

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, LoveRise@... wrote:

        > Greetings Stealth Campers!
        >
        > I'm bordering on fifty yet often forget I'm not in my teens and if
        you would
        > like to add even more range to your stealth hammock camping ability
        you
        > might want to check out the alpacka rafts at alpackaraft.com.
        >
        > I just bought their Yukon Yak after lusting after one for years
        and it is a
        > less than 5 lb high quality/high cost inflatable packraft that you
        can take
        > where no one else is able to portage or camp.
        >
        > Any other avid packrafters here?
        >
        > Celebrate Life!
        >
        > Laurie
        > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
        just 2 easy
        > steps!
        > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?
        redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
        3D668072%26hmpgID

      • LoveRise@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
          Congratulations Sandy on the Classic, I have a 17ft Burro travel trailer
          that I love to use as well when traveling. I love boondocking when the
          opportunity arises. Yet more and more traveling light is what fascinates me even
          though by nature I also enjoy the comforts of home. I think ultimately if
          everything goes to 'pot' here in america, I would be happy living in my little burro.
          Hopefully, things won't come to that but after yesterday in the stock market
          it has me wondering.

          I do plan to do some kind of video blogging series on my travels since I'm
          also an avid photographer.

          Until then...celebrate life!

          Warmly,

          Laurie