Re: Stealth Hammock Camping

  • Neal
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ginohav" <ginohav@...> wrote:

      I don't know about you
      > but I hate camping in a campground in a tent/hammock as I find it
      > noisy. I purchased my > hammock for stealth camping. If your from
      the ought to be a LAW! > The beauty of a hammock is that you
      > can camp anywhere there are trees. Nothing beats getting back to the
      > roots of camping by going into a state forest in the winter where
      > there are no people (there ought to be a law crowd) around for miles

      I've been on the BWCA & superior hiking trail mostly lately but due to
      this year's ED (economic downturn), I have decided that paying for $
      in gas or $ for nearby state campgrounds is a waste. I live along the
      minnesota river and stealth is my plan for this year. Getting fined
      for using the Bushbuddy will probably be cheaper than the above
      mentioned $. The only problem that I have here is that I have to carry
      all of my water in. (lots of farms & Hwys nearby) I did a hike along
      the minnesota river a few years ago and it was a lot of fun.
    • LoveRise@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
        Greetings Stealth Campers!

        I'm bordering on fifty yet often forget I'm not in my teens and if you would
        like to add even more range to your stealth hammock camping ability you
        might want to check out the alpacka rafts at alpackaraft.com.

        I just bought their Yukon Yak after lusting after one for years and it is a
        less than 5 lb high quality/high cost inflatable packraft that you can take
        where no one else is able to portage or camp.

        Any other avid packrafters here?

        Celebrate Life!

        Laurie
        steps!
        %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

      • Sandy Kramer
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2009
          Hey, Laurie...way to go. Yes it IS a bit spendy, but from someone
          who just (on Friday) bought a $13K ($14,300 w/taxes, tags) popup
          camping trailer (2009 Aliner Classic), who am I to judge !;)

          Do post some photos about your travels. What plans do you have?

          sandy in miami

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, LoveRise@... wrote:

          > Greetings Stealth Campers!
          >
          > I'm bordering on fifty yet often forget I'm not in my teens and if
          you would
          > like to add even more range to your stealth hammock camping ability
          you
          > might want to check out the alpacka rafts at alpackaraft.com.
          >
          > I just bought their Yukon Yak after lusting after one for years
          and it is a
          > less than 5 lb high quality/high cost inflatable packraft that you
          can take
          > where no one else is able to portage or camp.
          >
          > Any other avid packrafters here?
          >
          > Celebrate Life!
          >
          > Laurie
          > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
          just 2 easy
          > steps!
          > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?
          redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
          3D668072%26hmpgID

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
            Congratulations Sandy on the Classic, I have a 17ft Burro travel trailer
            that I love to use as well when traveling. I love boondocking when the
            opportunity arises. Yet more and more traveling light is what fascinates me even
            though by nature I also enjoy the comforts of home. I think ultimately if
            everything goes to 'pot' here in america, I would be happy living in my little burro.
            Hopefully, things won't come to that but after yesterday in the stock market
            it has me wondering.

            I do plan to do some kind of video blogging series on my travels since I'm
            also an avid photographer.

            Until then...celebrate life!

            Warmly,

            Laurie