Re: [Hammock Camping] Stealth Hammock Camping

  • Arye P. R.
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2009
      As to the noise in public areas I have found some reusable ear plugs (not the crap foam stuff but silicon rubber) Works great on the motorcycle and when outside sleeping or at weddings with loud bands /DJs.
      Safety... a good sidearm (yes I'm over 50) but I'm not into winter hanging.
      I working on a post that will use my 600#motorcycle as a counterweight than a lamp/sign post at the other end when on the road at rest areas.

      Sapere Aude,

      Arye P. Rubenstein

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ginohav" <ginohav@...> wrote:

        I don't know about you
        > but I hate camping in a campground in a tent/hammock as I find it
        > noisy. I purchased my > hammock for stealth camping. If your from
        the ought to be a LAW! > The beauty of a hammock is that you
        > can camp anywhere there are trees. Nothing beats getting back to the
        > roots of camping by going into a state forest in the winter where
        > there are no people (there ought to be a law crowd) around for miles

        I've been on the BWCA & superior hiking trail mostly lately but due to
        this year's ED (economic downturn), I have decided that paying for $
        in gas or $ for nearby state campgrounds is a waste. I live along the
        minnesota river and stealth is my plan for this year. Getting fined
        for using the Bushbuddy will probably be cheaper than the above
        mentioned $. The only problem that I have here is that I have to carry
        all of my water in. (lots of farms & Hwys nearby) I did a hike along
        the minnesota river a few years ago and it was a lot of fun.
      • LoveRise@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
          Greetings Stealth Campers!

          I'm bordering on fifty yet often forget I'm not in my teens and if you would
          like to add even more range to your stealth hammock camping ability you
          might want to check out the alpacka rafts at alpackaraft.com.

          I just bought their Yukon Yak after lusting after one for years and it is a
          less than 5 lb high quality/high cost inflatable packraft that you can take
          where no one else is able to portage or camp.

          Any other avid packrafters here?

          Celebrate Life!

          Laurie
          steps!
          %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

        • Sandy Kramer
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2009
            Hey, Laurie...way to go. Yes it IS a bit spendy, but from someone
            who just (on Friday) bought a $13K ($14,300 w/taxes, tags) popup
            camping trailer (2009 Aliner Classic), who am I to judge !;)

            Do post some photos about your travels. What plans do you have?

            sandy in miami

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, LoveRise@... wrote:

            > Greetings Stealth Campers!
            >
            > I'm bordering on fifty yet often forget I'm not in my teens and if
            you would
            > like to add even more range to your stealth hammock camping ability
            you
            > might want to check out the alpacka rafts at alpackaraft.com.
            >
            > I just bought their Yukon Yak after lusting after one for years
            and it is a
            > less than 5 lb high quality/high cost inflatable packraft that you
            can take
            > where no one else is able to portage or camp.
            >
            > Any other avid packrafters here?
            >
            > Celebrate Life!
            >
            > Laurie
            > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
            just 2 easy
            > steps!
            > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?
            redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
            3D668072%26hmpgID

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
              Congratulations Sandy on the Classic, I have a 17ft Burro travel trailer
              that I love to use as well when traveling. I love boondocking when the
              opportunity arises. Yet more and more traveling light is what fascinates me even
              though by nature I also enjoy the comforts of home. I think ultimately if
              everything goes to 'pot' here in america, I would be happy living in my little burro.
              Hopefully, things won't come to that but after yesterday in the stock market
              it has me wondering.

              I do plan to do some kind of video blogging series on my travels since I'm
              also an avid photographer.

              Until then...celebrate life!

              Warmly,

              Laurie