altoids tin alcohol stove

  • Blake Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2009
      When I was doing the on-line research that resulted in my making the Starlyte stove knockoff I saw that there were many direction for Altoids tin stoves-using either the round tin or the rectangular one. There were also designs for a York mints tin stove.
      I am perfectly happy with the Starlyte---but, today I was in the cashier's line at Albertson's grocery and saw that they had the circular Altoids tins on sale from $2.49 each to 2 for $1.00!!!!!!!!
      Now, I doubt that an Altoids/York tin stove (of which there are several designs) could be a better stove than the Starlyte---but, if you do not want to buy 30 wedding favor tins, 25 circular stainless steel discs, 8 square feet on fiberglass cloth, etc., as I did---you might buy some Altoids tins while they are on sale (for a few days more) and see what you can make.
             RB, Flagatff