Re: hammock camping with kids

  • shokulan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19 4:45 AM
      The problem with kids and hammocks is that they're instantly TOO
      comfortable, won't get out, and quickly start swinging and horsing
      around. When I was in elementary school, I'd swing around in my
      hammock to go upside down and then roll around to get right-way up.
      This was in one of those fist-sized string hammocks. I practically
      lived in that thing.

      CL
    • Rebecca D Beckwith
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19 7:47 AM
        My grandsons are 5 & 2 and both have been in my hammocks since they
        were old enough to hang on to one. My rule is that if you are big
        enough to get into one, then you are big enough to sleep in one.

        I call them (the grandsons) Tarzan and Cheeta, they do play on it but
        then, they hang and swing from trees too. We encourage active play in
        all the grandchildren. They are allowed to swing on the hammock but
        not jump in it. That's the only rule.

        They love the hammocks as much as we do and I expect them to be having
        their own all throughout their lives.