Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock camping with kids

  • pure mahem
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2009
      set one up at home really low for nap time they will play and fall asleep and get use to it really quick. Supervised of course.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2009
        The problem with kids and hammocks is that they're instantly TOO
        comfortable, won't get out, and quickly start swinging and horsing
        around. When I was in elementary school, I'd swing around in my
        hammock to go upside down and then roll around to get right-way up.
        This was in one of those fist-sized string hammocks. I practically
        lived in that thing.

        CL
      • Rebecca D Beckwith
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2009
          My grandsons are 5 & 2 and both have been in my hammocks since they
          were old enough to hang on to one. My rule is that if you are big
          enough to get into one, then you are big enough to sleep in one.

          I call them (the grandsons) Tarzan and Cheeta, they do play on it but
          then, they hang and swing from trees too. We encourage active play in
          all the grandchildren. They are allowed to swing on the hammock but
          not jump in it. That's the only rule.

          They love the hammocks as much as we do and I expect them to be having
          their own all throughout their lives.