Re: [Hammock Camping] eno hammocks

  • Richard Perlman
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 18, 2009
      javierbergantinos wrote:
      > Anyone tried the Jacks R Better Tri Glides? I bought a couple and am
      > very pleased with them - they make it really easy to adjust your hang
      > and weigh next to nothing.

      I bought them, too, and think they're great!

      I'm very keen on weight and they seem to be the lightest
      "mechanical" solution to hanging a webbing strap hammock. Generally, I
      have no problem tying
      Speer's 4 wrap knot (can't loose or break a knot) but I wanted to
      simplify adjusting the hang angle without having to tie and untie knots.

      I have a few items from both Speer and the Jacks and have nothing but
      high praise for both businesses.
      http://www.speerhammocks.com/
      http://www.jacksrbetter.com/

      Rich

    • Tom Frazier
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 18, 2009
        I'll definitely give my take on the Hut once I receive it! ;o) Will be awhile before I get a chance to put it to use (will start in May) and judge it based on performance. Indeed, it *is* very spendy but I figured that I should get it while it's still on sale!! ;o)

        T3

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 18, 2009
          Yup...I'll take some pics here in the next few days and get them posted to the group's website (and send the group the link) so you can see the set up. ;o) I adapted all my hammocks for the same 1" webbing set up with cinch buckles and carabiners...love them!!

          T3