Hot Springs NC Campout Apr 24-26, 2009

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2009
      Everyone is invited to the 25th Southeast Hammock Hanges Association
      campout at Hot Springs, NC! Karen & I look forward to meeting old
      friends & makeing new ones. You can learn more about this campout
      at: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsApr09.htm

      Below is the list of those planning to attend--as you can see we
      should have a good crowd. Let me know if I should add your name--
      signing up isn't necessary, but it gives us an idea of how many to
      plan for. In addition to the saturday nite Hot Dog Roast sponsored
      by Speer Hammocks, there will also be a communical breakfast on Sat
      am where those who want can make & share the meal together--we'll do
      a sign-up list later for who will bring food.

      We've reserved our usual group campsite # 413, plus an adjacent
      site. There should be enough trees for everyone, but bring hammock
      stands if you have them.

      See ya in Hot Springs...Ed

      Co-Owner, Speer Hammocks
      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping book

      Probable's--30 updated 11:30am 4Feb09
      Not To Worry (Ed Speer)
      Pog (Karen Sousa)
      NCPatrick & family
      Hooch
      Dancer
      MrPrez
      MacEntyre-3
      Stormcrow-4
      Ewker
      Slowhike
      Mule
      Youngblood
      BillyBob58-2
      Lost
      Dameon
      Ricegravy
      Mtnkngxt
      Grizzly Adams (CH)
      Pedro-2
      noshootin
      Nest
      EW

      Maybe's--13
      KM
      DougTheElder
      HeadChange4U
      Nest
      Raw
      Kwpake
      GrizzlyAdams-3
      Rigidpsycho
      FishinFinn & Wife
      Bison_2
      TheCrumb
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2009
        Looking good Ed!!!     I'm excited!!!!!!    ...Tim

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2009
          Since we anticipate a record turnout (~50) for the April 24-26 SEHHA hangout in Hot Springs, we have concerns that our typical Saturday am breakfast at the Smoky Mountain diner will just overwhelm the diner. In an effort to be cognizant of the limited diner seating available and to make sure everyone gets breakfast, the decision has been made to have a group breakfast on Saturday am. Target breakfast time will be 8:30-9:00am. Your attendance is, obviously, voluntary. We would ask that if you participate, then you pitch in somehow, if not in the prep, then in the cleanup. If we all work together, it should go fairly quickly.

          There is a Google spreadsheet posted at the following link. Feel free to sign up for anything on the list, the instructions are on the spreadsheet. If you want to sign up for two line items, please sign up for each individually (i.e. 2 pounds of sausage would be filled out on two lines of the spreadsheet). Also, if anything can be prepared ahead of time (for instance cutting up fruit) that will make things easier in the morning.

          http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p60N4piqQAtZq2AyaOR6jDg

          As always, the Saturday night hotdog cookout will be sponsored by Speer Hammocks and all you have to do it showup and bring your beverage of choice! If you have any questions regarding the breakfast signup, please contact Karen directly at karen@... and she will help you. We are both looking forward to the weekend and are excited to see our friends, both old and new.

          Karen & Ed
          Owners, Speer Hammocks, Inc