Re:Keeping feet out of bottom-entry slit/wasRe: Tall guy looking to

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
      Zippers on misquito netting: due to the fact that one side of the netting is almost always under tension it is very easy to zip and unzip the netting. In fact, I have never ever been able to "catch" the zipper. Now my high end down sleeping bag zipper, I rarely am able to zip or unzip it without getting it to catch.

      Just some feedback for you to think about.

    • C C Wayah
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
        Thank you Paul,
        I am thinking. It won't hurt to put in a side zipper entry and leave the
        bottom entry as is till I see what I works best for me.
        Rogene
        .
      • Tom Frazier
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
          I have a claytor jungle hammock with a large (#5?) ykk zipper and a couple that I have made (a 7 footer for my three year old to grow into and another one for myself as a spare or as a primary when I want no-see-um as opposed to the mosquito netting on my claytor JH) with a #3 ykk zipper (tied cord pulls to them) and have had zero problems with the zippers! I actually like the #3's better than the bigger ones as they're easier to open and close (smoother).

          I'm with Paul on sleeping bag zippers. Recently I managed to get my no-snag zipper on my marmot bag to snag and part of it ripped off (happened during half-sleep, heh)--just got finished repairing that yesterday! ....But zippers on my hammocks? No problem!

          T3