RE: [Hammock Camping] Tall guy looking to get into a hammock

  • Carey Parks
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hmm.. I don't know what to say about that. Since the HH is asym, you should
      be sleeping with your feet on the right side of the slit, and your head on
      the opposite side, sort of side-saddle. The slit originally had no velcro
      even, it just stays shut. The velcro is mainly to keep the slit closed when
      you are not in it.

      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
        what's a DD?

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
          www.ddhammocks.com

          They have a double layer bottom hammock which is more resistant to
          mosquitoes biting through. You can place a sleeping pad between the layers
          and this will give you better insulation in cold temps without the pad
          sliding all over the place. Also a fine mosquito net and several pouches
          inside to hold glasses, flashlight, etc. They are in England. I have
          ordered and received one of their hammocks but not had a chance to use it
          yet.