[Hammock Camping] Re: Tall guy looking to get into a hammock

  • shokulan
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
      It's not just the first thing everyone thinks, it's the first thing
      everyone does! It takes a while before they trust the hammock enough
      to relax.

      -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Frazier" <wildewudu@...> wrote:

      > Haha...banana position...don't you hate it when that's the first
      thing everyone thinks?
    • Carey Parks
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
        Hmm.. I don't know what to say about that. Since the HH is asym, you should
        be sleeping with your feet on the right side of the slit, and your head on
        the opposite side, sort of side-saddle. The slit originally had no velcro
        even, it just stays shut. The velcro is mainly to keep the slit closed when
        you are not in it.

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
          what's a DD?

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
            www.ddhammocks.com

            They have a double layer bottom hammock which is more resistant to
            mosquitoes biting through. You can place a sleeping pad between the layers
            and this will give you better insulation in cold temps without the pad
            sliding all over the place. Also a fine mosquito net and several pouches
            inside to hold glasses, flashlight, etc. They are in England. I have
            ordered and received one of their hammocks but not had a chance to use it
            yet.