RE: [Hammock Camping] Tall guy looking to get into a hammock

  • David Fox
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
      Tall Guy,

      If you are near Dallas Texas contact me. I have several different hammocks
      you can try.

      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
        It's not just the first thing everyone thinks, it's the first thing
        everyone does! It takes a while before they trust the hammock enough
        to relax.

        -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Frazier" <wildewudu@...> wrote:

        > Haha...banana position...don't you hate it when that's the first
        thing everyone thinks?
      • Carey Parks
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
          Hmm.. I don't know what to say about that. Since the HH is asym, you should
          be sleeping with your feet on the right side of the slit, and your head on
          the opposite side, sort of side-saddle. The slit originally had no velcro
          even, it just stays shut. The velcro is mainly to keep the slit closed when
          you are not in it.

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
            what's a DD?

            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
              www.ddhammocks.com

              They have a double layer bottom hammock which is more resistant to
              mosquitoes biting through. You can place a sleeping pad between the layers
              and this will give you better insulation in cold temps without the pad
              sliding all over the place. Also a fine mosquito net and several pouches
              inside to hold glasses, flashlight, etc. They are in England. I have
              ordered and received one of their hammocks but not had a chance to use it
              yet.