RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Tall guy looking to get into a hammock

  • David Fox
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
      There is a relatively lightweight battery at CPAP.COM that will run many
      cpap machines for three nights. Tell your friend to try that AND the
      hammock.

      From: shokulan <caralinb@... <mailto:caralinb%40ms68.hinet.net> >
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com <mailto:hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>

      Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 2:35 AM

    • David Fox
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
        Tall Guy,

        If you are near Dallas Texas contact me. I have several different hammocks
        you can try.

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
          It's not just the first thing everyone thinks, it's the first thing
          everyone does! It takes a while before they trust the hammock enough
          to relax.

          -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Frazier" <wildewudu@...> wrote:

          > Haha...banana position...don't you hate it when that's the first
          thing everyone thinks?
        • Carey Parks
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
            Hmm.. I don't know what to say about that. Since the HH is asym, you should
            be sleeping with your feet on the right side of the slit, and your head on
            the opposite side, sort of side-saddle. The slit originally had no velcro
            even, it just stays shut. The velcro is mainly to keep the slit closed when
            you are not in it.

            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
              what's a DD?

              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
                www.ddhammocks.com

                They have a double layer bottom hammock which is more resistant to
                mosquitoes biting through. You can place a sleeping pad between the layers
                and this will give you better insulation in cold temps without the pad
                sliding all over the place. Also a fine mosquito net and several pouches
                inside to hold glasses, flashlight, etc. They are in England. I have
                ordered and received one of their hammocks but not had a chance to use it
                yet.