Re: [Hammock Camping] OT by now Re: sources for wool fabric

  • pure mahem
    Message 1 of 51 , Jan 28, 2009
      Right now I'm just thinking of trying a couple of different options. I am forever wearing my cotton hoody and it is near and dear to me. I've been yelled at numerous times for wearing it into the woods hiking because of the fact it is cotton. So my best option I believe is to experiment. I thought I might make a wool hoody and possibly a couple diferent synthetic options and possibly some variations of both I'm sure I will end up with 4 or 5 by the time I get done, no doubt. Good point on the fact that wool doesnt't stretch like cotton and I may end up going with a lighter weight so I can add some type of liner to avoid the possibility of itching But then agian on of the new techno polartec fabrics may be the ticket I feel each may find it's own niche in my outdoor activities. I would like to also make my own blanket thanks for posting on the wool as a blanket sure is cheaper than down but I am spoiled rotten because I sleep with a heavy high quality
      down comforter every night on my bed, it was a gift from my brother he's a really great brother I love that freaking blanket. But it is rather heavy so I don't think it would be a good canidate for taking on any hikes but Car Camping Hell Yeah! Thank you all for pointing out the various  resources they are very helpful. I hope everything I typed made sense. I'm not the best writer in the world but I am pretty good at runon sentences and rambling on and on! LOL!

      ________________________________
      Message 51 of 51 , Feb 22, 2009
        another Option

        Check out

        <http://www.paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=244&level=2&parent=34>

        <http://www.paragear.com>

        Looking at page 2 under the Hardware section or search for the Item No's (Item: H336 or H336SS or 101 or 101SS) you have the following 1" cinch buckles ... page 1 has 'D' rings and there are tons of other goood stuff on the site inc. fabric, webbing, hardware, etc. I haven't seen a mention of a Min Order But I'm a walk in customer.

        Paragear has ALL you will need webbing cloth and hardware AND may also be able to do your sewing (remember they are making/ repairing Parachutes and Harnesses so they will do it right)

        Item: H336 1" QUICK FIT ADAPTER - 101

        H336 1" QUICK FIT ADAPTER - 101Same as No. H337 except this fits 1" wide webbing.
        Shipping Weight: 3 oz. (85g).
        Quantity Price Discounts:
        Price: 1 to 5 $2.50 6 to 19 $2.15 20 or more $1.75

        Item Price: $2.50

        Item: H336SS 1" STAINLESS STEEL QUICK FIT ADAPTER - 101SS

        H336SS 1" STAINLESS STEEL QUICK FIT ADAPTER - 101SS Similar to No. H336. Accepts 1" webbing. Tensile Strength: 500 lbs. (225kg). Shipping Weight: 3 oz. (85g).
        Quantity Price Discounts:
        Price: 1 to 5 $4.50 6 to 19 $3.85 20 or more $3.15

        Sapere Aude,

        Arye P. Rubenstein