Re: [Hammock Camping] Fabric length

  • m2b1997
    Message 1 of 51 , Jan 21, 2009
      I have used cotton cloth in the house for the past three years or so,
      nightly, and only a couple of times outside in the past few weeks. I
      live about 35 minutes from Hanover so this time of the year it's cold
      up here and if you get any precip it will be snow not rain.

      I wouldn't contemplate using a cotton cloth hammock outdoors unless
      the temps were going to be below freezing and the skies relatively
      clear/not much of a chance of precip falling. Admittedly, if I was
      only going to be camping in my backyard versus out on the trail I
      would get a little risker, during the winter months, but I wouldn't
      get riskier during the summer months.

      For outdoor use I totally agree that it's nylon all the way, no
      cotton. I made the switch since I'm thinking of some winter
      backpacking. I don't want to risk using the cotton backpacking...at
      home fine, but not on the trail. I don't have any plans for any
      summer time hiking just thinking about enjoying a little different
      aspect of winter that I have been wanting to enjoy for numerous years
      now. I just need to get myself a tarp made...somehow. I'm hoping to
      save some money on fabric, compared to what I spent on the hammock
      but then again I would still need to get my hands on a sewing machine
      so I could sew the tarp together. Freecycle hasn't quite come
      through with that yet.

      MEANT 2B
      GAME '97
    • Arye P. R.
      Message 51 of 51 , Feb 22, 2009
        another Option

        Check out

        <http://www.paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=244&level=2&parent=34>

        <http://www.paragear.com>

        Looking at page 2 under the Hardware section or search for the Item No's (Item: H336 or H336SS or 101 or 101SS) you have the following 1" cinch buckles ... page 1 has 'D' rings and there are tons of other goood stuff on the site inc. fabric, webbing, hardware, etc. I haven't seen a mention of a Min Order But I'm a walk in customer.

        Paragear has ALL you will need webbing cloth and hardware AND may also be able to do your sewing (remember they are making/ repairing Parachutes and Harnesses so they will do it right)

        Item: H336 1" QUICK FIT ADAPTER - 101

        H336 1" QUICK FIT ADAPTER - 101Same as No. H337 except this fits 1" wide webbing.
        Shipping Weight: 3 oz. (85g).
        Quantity Price Discounts:
        Price: 1 to 5 $2.50 6 to 19 $2.15 20 or more $1.75

        Item Price: $2.50

        Item: H336SS 1" STAINLESS STEEL QUICK FIT ADAPTER - 101SS

        H336SS 1" STAINLESS STEEL QUICK FIT ADAPTER - 101SS Similar to No. H336. Accepts 1" webbing. Tensile Strength: 500 lbs. (225kg). Shipping Weight: 3 oz. (85g).
        Quantity Price Discounts:
        Price: 1 to 5 $4.50 6 to 19 $3.85 20 or more $3.15

        Sapere Aude,

        Arye P. Rubenstein