Re: My HH net is history!

  • bob_jaissle
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 20, 2009
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "lpon2000" <lorister@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have been lurking here for a while. I have been using a ULB HH since
      > I started hammocking. I am about to pull the trigger on ordering a
      > Blackbird (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_9th7vQrZY) double layer. I
      > like the design, the shelf, the zippered netting, and that the
      > underquilts I already have will work with it. I also like that it's
      > somewhat cheaper than the HH and not made in China, but by Brandon
      > here in the states. It will work great with my 10x11 cat cut tarp,
      > which I got from Preacha's Wife over at hammockforums. :)
      > http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5879
      >
      > Lori

      Thanks, I think. Part of the problem is there are too many choices out
      there, a lot of different features and its hard to tell which ones
      really "matter". The reason I went to a hammock originally was, I spent
      a couple of nights in a borrowed ENO single and thought it was so
      comfortable I had to get one. But, once I started looking around and
      read about asyms, ridge lines, etc, etc, and wound up with the
      Hennessy. I'm thinking now, if I change, maybe I should be going back
      to a more basic hammock; but I will spring for a better tarp.

      Bob