RE: Hammock Camping Fuggoagy

  • J Cornelius
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003

      That is totally EXCELLENT!  Did you write that??

      Jodi who loves limericks and writes her own

      Jodi is a backpacker who swings

      Between trees, hammocked, and sings

      Her voice is ok

      It won’t drive you away

      As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        Jodi wrote:
        > That is totally EXCELLENT!
        Thanks!
        Did you write that??
        Sure, took all of about a minute...

        > Jodi who loves limericks and writes her own
        >
        > Jodi is a backpacker who swings
        > Between trees, hammocked, and sings
        > Her voice is ok
        > It won¡Çt drive you away
        > As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

        Though you are typing in Japaneese again, I get your point.
        (if you could just avoid the single quote used in contractions no one
        would know of your system's dysfunction)

        Excellent verse, by the way.

        Welcome to the reciprocal complements club...

        Second verse to your lines might be: (seems like I have learned
        there are there specific rules for limericks like there are for
        haiku, I just write what sounds fun in my ear without any regard for
        the rule)

        The breeze and the night fold together
        Her eyes blink and close
        Dreamin' her voice is ok
        She takes center stage with a microphone
        And sings of swinging in the breeze

      • Risk
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
          Edit to the lines... to make the third and 4th lines like yours:

          Now together they are:

          Jodi is a backpacker who swings
          Between trees, hammocked, and sings
          Her voice is ok
          It won't drive you away
          As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

          The breeze and the night fold together
          Her eyes blink and close
          Dreamin' her voice is ok
          She takes the bar's stage on payday
          And sings of swinging in the breeze

          Hope you like it,

          Rick
        • J Cornelius
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003

            Sweetness!!!  That’s cool!

            Thanks Rick -  It’s a great way to start my day!

            Jodi