Re: [Hammock Camping] Keeping warm in winter

  • Horace
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 4, 2009
      Hi I just spent 3 nights in a tipi style tent with a larger wood
      burning stove. Banked up with 3-4 arm to leg thick pieces of wood it
      would stay warm for about 2-3 hours. Outside temperatures where around
      freezing and it meant I could relax in comfort. Would be intresting to
      try the stove out near to the hammock setup with additional tarps to
      hold the heat a bit. Would certainly be warner than an open fire.
      The sides can glow with wood so would be reluctant to try cardboard.
      Also paper and cardboard throw out more ash and that which could
      potentially pose a fire risk.
      I only burnt wood and with doors closed it seemed ok for CO? May have
      to get a CO tester to be sure next time.

      Nigel

      Sent from my iPhone!