Re: Extra large + thick sleeping pads

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
      I FINALLY found a Therm-A-Rest (I have regular and prolite) where I
      could feel the difference in comfort level...tho haven't tried it out
      in the field for a whole night:

      http://www.thermarest.com/product_detail.aspx?pID=130&cID=2

      Also, I love the women's length. But I forgot to order the stuff
      sack so haven't been able to see it rolled up. It will be OK for
      kayak camping, but probably too bulky for backpacking.

      sandy in miami

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@...>
      wrote:

      > Re. sleeping pads: if you search ebay with the search terms: wide
      sleeping pad---there is a seller offering a pad made of the same
      material as a military pad but 1/2" thick, 32" wide, plus, the
      standard 6' long and rolling to 8" wide. I bought two and the only
      thing I did not like is that the surface is a bit smooth compared to
      the military issue ones. I also thought the shipping charge was a bit
      high for the Phoenix area to Flagstaff. But, it did arrive very fast.

    • Arye P. R.
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
        has anyone really priced other foam pads. The final price (w/s&h) for the ebay pad really isn't that bad when you consider what you get 72x32x.5". Others elsewhere are smaller 72x~20x.5", include at least 5.00 s&h or 5.00 if you are 15-20 miles each way from a Kmart or Walmart. And if you just go out and buy closed cell cross linked polyethylene foam from a foam shop you will certinally pay MORE.

        closed cell cross linked polyethylene foam sleeping Pad / exercise mat

        From REI
        Alps Mountaineering Foam Sleeping Mat 13.93 AND YOU WILL NEED ~<50% more to get 32" wide
        Dimensions 72 x 20 x 0.63 inches
        Weight 16 ounces
        Packed size 20 x 7.75 inches

        From Kmart Size not specified and find it in stock?
        Wenzel Swissgear Cross-linked Foam Camp Pad
        Kmart item# 089W848806110001 Mfr. model# SG157-222 6.99
        Get two $5 Kmart coupons When you sign up for Kmart Emails

        Sapere Aude,

        Arye P. Rubenstein