Re: Is 1 stud enough?

  • aethericpower
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 8, 2008
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Neal" <nealaustin@...> wrote:

      > I've been out in the hammock quite a bit and want to hang a hammock in
      > a room in my house. I have a typical American house with 2x4 studs
      > that are 16" apart under gypsum board. My question is: If I screw a
      > eye-bolt with into a stud in each of the walls would it hold? Would
      > the horozontal pull possibly damage the walls. The walls are 9 feet
      > apart and non-load bearing. Would I need to structure the load over 2
      > studs? I weigh 200 lbs

      I used a metal pole hanging on window frames before. I used some
      clothing to stablize the pole from rolling on the frames. My hammock
      was tied to the pole.

      Currently I am using a stand that looks like this but cost me $19 from
      FogDog.
      http://www.amazon.com/Wenzel-823104-Deluxe-Hammock-
      Stand/dp/B0019X00PC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-
      goods&qid=1228778445&sr=1-6

      It works fine, just takes up a lot of space in terms of length.