Sleeping pads (was Springer Mtn Campout Dec 31, 2008)

  • EHamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2008
      It's a minimal cost investment, and trimmed to torso size wouldn't take up that much extra room.
      MacGyver

      ________________________________

      That is what it took for my wife to get comfortable sleeping on the ground.

      Black Wolfe
      Bruce W.

      Actually I've been thinking of getting a second pad anyway, just a $6
      closed-cell from Wal-Mart, for the extra cushioning.

      MacGyver

    • David Fox
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2008
        MacGyver,

        Everyone is different but I will say I slept pretty well in light pajama
        pants and long sleeve t-shirt using the Speer hammock with the underquilt
        underneath and the closed cell pad in the hammock under me. Low 40's to
        upper 30's. At one point I spread my polar fleece over myself for a top
        cover. The peapod used as a top cover would probably take me down from 30
        to upper 20's.

        Dave Fox