Re: Hammock Camping Fuggoagy

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
      Thanks Robi. My dry humor suggests I answer by saying:

      Unfortunately, it may have the unintended consequence of making the
      happy ammerican fuggoagians hungry.

      Rick

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, robi dawson <beanco@m...>
      wrote:
      > wow! now that will make Hungarians happy!
      >
      > robi
      >

      > At 04:48 PM 7/1/03 +0000, you wrote:
      > >Slung sleekly between the pines
      > >The fuggoagy gently swung
      > >Summer night's breeze
      > >Under and above
      > >Cooling the sleeping hiker
      > >
      > >Risk
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >
      ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
      705065843:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
      bin/autoredir?
      camp=556&lineid=3512844&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>1ec4dc4.jpg

      > >1ec4f05.jpg

    • J Cornelius
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003

        That is totally EXCELLENT!  Did you write that??

        Jodi who loves limericks and writes her own

        Jodi is a backpacker who swings

        Between trees, hammocked, and sings

        Her voice is ok

        It won’t drive you away

        As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
          Jodi wrote:
          > That is totally EXCELLENT!
          Thanks!
          Did you write that??
          Sure, took all of about a minute...

          > Jodi who loves limericks and writes her own
          >
          > Jodi is a backpacker who swings
          > Between trees, hammocked, and sings
          > Her voice is ok
          > It won¡Çt drive you away
          > As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

          Though you are typing in Japaneese again, I get your point.
          (if you could just avoid the single quote used in contractions no one
          would know of your system's dysfunction)

          Excellent verse, by the way.

          Welcome to the reciprocal complements club...

          Second verse to your lines might be: (seems like I have learned
          there are there specific rules for limericks like there are for
          haiku, I just write what sounds fun in my ear without any regard for
          the rule)

          The breeze and the night fold together
          Her eyes blink and close
          Dreamin' her voice is ok
          She takes center stage with a microphone
          And sings of swinging in the breeze

        • Risk
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
            Edit to the lines... to make the third and 4th lines like yours:

            Now together they are:

            Jodi is a backpacker who swings
            Between trees, hammocked, and sings
            Her voice is ok
            It won't drive you away
            As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

            The breeze and the night fold together
            Her eyes blink and close
            Dreamin' her voice is ok
            She takes the bar's stage on payday
            And sings of swinging in the breeze

            Hope you like it,

            Rick
          • J Cornelius
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003

              Sweetness!!!  That’s cool!

              Thanks Rick -  It’s a great way to start my day!

              Jodi