Re: Hammock Camping Fuggoagy

  • robi dawson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
      wow! now that will make Hungarians happy!

      robi

      At 04:48 PM 7/1/03 +0000, you wrote:
      Slung sleekly between the pines
      The fuggoagy gently swung
      Summer night's breeze
      Under and above
      Cooling the sleeping hiker

      Risk

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      1ec4dc4.jpg
      1ec4f05.jpg

    • Risk
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        Thanks Robi. My dry humor suggests I answer by saying:

        Unfortunately, it may have the unintended consequence of making the
        happy ammerican fuggoagians hungry.

        Rick

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, robi dawson <beanco@m...>
        wrote:
        > wow! now that will make Hungarians happy!
        >
        > robi
        >

        > At 04:48 PM 7/1/03 +0000, you wrote:
        > >Slung sleekly between the pines
        > >The fuggoagy gently swung
        > >Summer night's breeze
        > >Under and above
        > >Cooling the sleeping hiker
        > >
        > >Risk
        > >

        > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >
        ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
        705065843:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
        bin/autoredir?
        camp=556&lineid=3512844&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>1ec4dc4.jpg

        > >1ec4f05.jpg

      • J Cornelius
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003

          That is totally EXCELLENT!  Did you write that??

          Jodi who loves limericks and writes her own

          Jodi is a backpacker who swings

          Between trees, hammocked, and sings

          Her voice is ok

          It won’t drive you away

          As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
            Jodi wrote:
            > That is totally EXCELLENT!
            Thanks!
            Did you write that??
            Sure, took all of about a minute...

            > Jodi who loves limericks and writes her own
            >
            > Jodi is a backpacker who swings
            > Between trees, hammocked, and sings
            > Her voice is ok
            > It won¡Çt drive you away
            > As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

            Though you are typing in Japaneese again, I get your point.
            (if you could just avoid the single quote used in contractions no one
            would know of your system's dysfunction)

            Excellent verse, by the way.

            Welcome to the reciprocal complements club...

            Second verse to your lines might be: (seems like I have learned
            there are there specific rules for limericks like there are for
            haiku, I just write what sounds fun in my ear without any regard for
            the rule)

            The breeze and the night fold together
            Her eyes blink and close
            Dreamin' her voice is ok
            She takes center stage with a microphone
            And sings of swinging in the breeze

          • Risk
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
              Edit to the lines... to make the third and 4th lines like yours:

              Now together they are:

              Jodi is a backpacker who swings
              Between trees, hammocked, and sings
              Her voice is ok
              It won't drive you away
              As she gently rocks swinging in the breeze

              The breeze and the night fold together
              Her eyes blink and close
              Dreamin' her voice is ok
              She takes the bar's stage on payday
              And sings of swinging in the breeze

              Hope you like it,

              Rick
            • J Cornelius
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003

                Sweetness!!!  That’s cool!

                Thanks Rick -  It’s a great way to start my day!

                Jodi