Speer Hammock's Holiday sale and Springer Mountain info

  • Karen Sousa
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2008
      We typically try to avoid blantantly pushing our company and it's products
      on this list, but wanted you all to know that the Speer Hammocks holiday
      sale has started and will continue through December 31. Details are on the
      website (www.speerhammocks.com). This is a great time to ask for that
      special warm present so that you can join us at Springer Mountain for the
      New Years Eve celebration! Hope to see you all there - details are on this
      website:

      http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/Springer08.htm

      We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with friends and
      family!

      Ed and Karen
      Owners, Speer Hammoocks, inc.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2008
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Sousa" <karen@...> wrote:

        > We typically try to avoid blantantly pushing our company and it's
        products
        > on this list, but wanted you all to know that the Speer Hammocks holiday
        > sale has started and will continue through December 31. Details are
        on the
        > website (www.speerhammocks.com). This is a great time to ask for that
        > special warm present so that you can join us at Springer Mountain
        for the
        > New Years Eve celebration! Hope to see you all there - details are
        on this
        > website:
        >
        > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/Springer08.htm
        >
        > We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with friends and
        > family!
        >
        > Ed and Karen
        > Owners, Speer Hammoocks, inc.

        Karen,

        I've made several of these and plan to this year as well, weather
        permitting.

        Seems like the last few years we have seen the last south bound AT
        thru hiker of the year finish up. We have even had a few being the
        first north bound thru hikers starting out on NYD. They are heartier
        souls than I to be doing long distance hiking in the depths of winter
        with the short days and weather conditions in the mountains,
        particularly when winter storms hit. I certainly wouldn't recommend
        starting a north bound hike that early in the year-- in fact I would
        strongly recommend you don't unless you are dang sure you know what
        you are getting yourself into and are capable of handling it. There
        isn't much margin of error and your life will be likely be on the line
        at times.

        BYW Karen, the link on your post worked fine but the link at the
        bottom of the page it linked to didn't work for me.

        Dave
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2008
            Nice sale!!!   I think it's only proper that you guys let people on this site know when you're having a sale or showing something new.
              I'll be letting some others know about the sale.    ...Tim