Re: [Hammock Camping] Grouply is back

  • Tom Frazier
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2008
      Dude,

      It's an application for yahoo groups; there are a lot of claims made about Grouply, like being able to see groups you aren't a member of (which I tested by creating a dummy acct. and tried to access groups I wasn't a member of; didn't work; I was only able to access groups I was a member of).

      Nothing is compromised by using Grouply. The moderator can go on to Grouply (without even having an acct.), verify they are the owner of the group, and then select an option to make their group unavailable to Grouply so no one can access messages through Grouply and you can also ban invites (such as what we received here).

      Personaly, I don't use Grouply as I see no point, really; but, a lot of the nonsense about Grouply causing security issues is just...a lot of nonsense!

      I don't think you should ban this member, Ed, but perhaps advise them that it's not appropriate for this group.

      I, too, do hope, Bill, that not too many idiots have been infected....hmm...

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2008
        Thanks for the info Tom. I still don't understand what Grouply is or how it
        works, so I did remove & ban that member-you're right it's not appropriate
        for this group..Ed

        ========

        From:
        "ghostcarousel" <ghostcarousel@... <mailto:ghostcarousel%40yahoo.com>