Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: solar chargers

  • Moz
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 13, 2008
      Moz:

      pure mahem said:
      > Seeing how you would be using this for cycling... instead of using
      > the heavy car battery wouldn't it make more sense to use a
      > rechargeable 6 volt lantern battery. With that alone you just got
      > cheap and about 25 lbs lighter than a car battery!!!!!

      Sure, if you can *find* a free battery that's lighter it makes sense
      to use one. To repeat the first sentence of that paragraph: "if CHEAP
      is the main criteria". Spending more is an easy way to save weight.

      Moz
    • j.a. tackett
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 15, 2008
        thanks this should keep me busy for awhile......

        just got my super shelter in the post today.........

        raining here

        tomorrow i will go and see how it sets up