Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: solar chargers

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 11, 2008
      On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:21 PM, j.a. tackett <conifir1@...> wrote:
      > the cell phone is a 6 volt the grundig radio is 3 volt and the dinotte bicycle lite is 1.5 volt i was hoping that i could strap the foldable solar panel on top of one of my panniers while biking through the mts.

      On a more general basis

      What are the charging requirments for small portable electronics.

      Most solar panls have a maximum output listed, but what does it take
      to charge my cell phone?

      For example my cell phone charger lists : 4.9 V and 450 mA

      My palm requires 5V and 1.0 amp

      My laptop: 20 V 3.5 amp

      How close do you have to match the voltage and current?

      Ralph

      PS it seems to me the ideal situation for a cyclist is to charge
      devices with a wheel generator while going downhill, then
      disconnecting for uphill efforts.
    • j.a. tackett
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 15, 2008
        thanks this should keep me busy for awhile......

        just got my super shelter in the post today.........

        raining here

        tomorrow i will go and see how it sets up