Re: Hammock Camping Field use questions

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 1, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, amy <askowronek@m...> wrote:
      > I'm not Shane, but I've spent a fair amount of time reaching out
      of my
      > hammock. As far as the hammock movement goes, with the HH
      > it doesn't really matter. You can't roll it over, so the motion
      might
      > be unsettling but isn't dangerous.

      Au contraire mon ami! I have awoken on more than one occassion (3 I
      think) where I was looking up at the solid fabric and when I turned
      my head, I was looking down through the no-see-um netting. The good
      news is that nothing tore or broke or anything. I pushed my feet up
      (!) through the slit and pulled them over & down to stand up. Simple
      matter to spin it around the ridgeline and re-tie the hammock guy
      lines. (Must have thrashed something serious in my sleep or tied
      really bad knots.)

      The first time I was sure I must have wrecked the thing. The other
      two times I just got out and back in again. No sweat.

      I'm about 180 and spend have a HH Ultralight A-Sym.

      Jim
    • J Cornelius
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 2, 2003

        <snort> Not nearly as hard as I will the first time I get to do it!  Of course, that will be after the initial shock of finding myself asleep on the roof of my hammock wears off ROTFL!

        Jodi