Re: [Hammock Camping] hennesey hammock coming in the mail

  • Horace
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 7, 2008
      Hi

      Solar charges. What ate trying to charge? I have tried a solar charger
      but found it to be less than adequate for even charging a mobile
      phone. For iPods and the like I have more success with 'battery
      extenders' available from eBay which contain AA batteries.

      Nigel

      Sent from my iPhone!

      On 7 Oct 2008, at 17:01, Elizabeth Young <lizyoung@...> wrote:

      > conifir1 wrote:
      > >
      > > i did it i sent for my super shelter expedition now boys and girls i
      > > am now looking for ultra light tent poles incase i will have to use
      > > it as a tent.......any ideas .........how long of poles i will
      > > need...........and whom do i order these from
      > >
      > > also has anybody messed around with any solar
      > chargers...........what
      > > kind? and who did you purchase the charger from?
      >
      > Don't know about solar chargers but if you don't use hiking poles I've
      > used poles from an old Eureka Timberline tent to support tarps or you
      > could get some pole supplies (from someplace like
      > www.questoutfitters or
      > www.owfinc.com) and make just the right length. And I have no idea how
      > long the pole ought to be since I am new to this hammocking thing.
      >
      > liz young

    • j.a. tackett
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 15, 2008
        thanks this should keep me busy for awhile......

        just got my super shelter in the post today.........

        raining here

        tomorrow i will go and see how it sets up