Re: [Hammock Camping] Knots in Spectra

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 42 , Sep 27, 2008
      From the site:

      A knot I use to attach the ends of my Hennessey
      hammock<http://www.hennessyhammock.com/>to things. It holds well and
      ties/unties easily when I want it to, even when
      only finished with a single hitch as shown. The actual rope is thinner, and
      the tree thicker than shown (this is 7mm rope and a coffee cup).

      I like the way you use a coffee cup to hang your HH.

      Please give more details, seems a lot easier than finding trees. :]

      Ralph

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 28, 2008
        Hi Moz,

        I like that knot. It's basically a prussic with a clever way of tying
        off. Once tied, is it adjustable?

        The pics are great--very clear.

        CL

        Moz wrote:
        > Cara Lin Bridgman said:
        >> I have tied bowline and an alpine butterfly knots in my Hennessey
        >> Hammock spectra so I could use other ways of tying my hammock than the
        >> Hennessey Wrap. The Wrap was tedious and was causing some wear and tear
        >> on the tree huggers.
        >
        > I played around with wrap-style knots and came up with one that's
        > quick to tie and has worked well for me for a couple of years now.
        > Have a go and let me know if it works for you:
        >
        > http://moz.net.nz/photo/2005/07/25-knot/
        >
        > If the pics don't make sense I can have another go, but the last
        > person to ask did it just off those.
        >
        > Moz

        Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

        Taichung County 43499