Exped Down Mat: Input from Outdoor Research

  • Blake Robert
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 25, 2008
      I decided to go straight to OR about this question---read on.

      "Jason Rudolph" <jasonr@...>Add sender to Contacts

      To:
      xflagstaff9@...

      if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") {
      var YAHOO = {};
      }
      YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true;
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = ["adult"];
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "RE: Downmat 7";
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "jasonr@...";
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = "";
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english";
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {
      "lw_1222359215_0": {
      "text": "(800) 421-2421 x306",
      "extended": 0,
      "startchar": 1373,
      "endchar": 1391,
      "start": 1373,
      "end": 1391,
      "extendedFrom": "",
      "predictedCategory": "",
      "predictionProbability": "0",
      "weight": 1,
      "relScore": 0,
      "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/phone_number/us"],
      "category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
      "wikiId": "",
      "relatedWikiIds": [],
      "relatedEntities": [],
      "showOnClick": [],
      "context": "",
      "metaData": {
      "visible": "true"
      }
      },
      "lw_1222359215_1": {
      "text": "(800) 421-2419",
      "extended": 0,
      "startchar": 1407,
      "endchar": 1420,
      "start": 1407,
      "end": 1420,
      "extendedFrom": "",
      "predictedCategory": "",
      "predictionProbability": "0",
      "weight": 1,
      "relScore": 0,
      "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/phone_number/us"],
      "category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
      "wikiId": "",
      "relatedWikiIds": [],
      "relatedEntities": [],
      "showOnClick": [],
      "context": "",
      "metaData": {
      "visible": "true"
      }
      },
      "lw_1222359215_2": {
      "text": "www.outdoorresearch.com",
      "extended": 0,
      "startchar": 1425,
      "endchar": 1447,
      "start": 1425,
      "end": 1447,
      "extendedFrom": "",
      "predictedCategory": "",
      "predictionProbability": "0",
      "weight": 1,
      "relScore": 0,
      "type": ["shortcuts:/us/place/virtual/web_site"],
      "category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
      "wikiId": "",
      "relatedWikiIds": [],
      "relatedEntities": [],
      "showOnClick": [],
      "context": "Outdoor Research / Exped Phone:  (800) 421-2421 x306 Fax:  (800) 421-2419 www.outdoorresearch.com www.humanpoweredadventure.com    -----Original Message----- From: Blake Robert [mailto:xflagstaff9@...]  Sent: Wednesday, September",
      "metaData": {
      "visible": "true"
      }
      },
      "lw_1222359215_3": {
      "text": "www.humanpoweredadventure.com",
      "extended": 0,
      "startchar": 1452,
      "endchar": 1480,
      "start": 1452,
      "end": 1480,
      "extendedFrom": "",
      "predictedCategory": "",
      "predictionProbability": "0",
      "weight": 1,
      "relScore": 0,
      "type": ["shortcuts:/us/place/virtual/web_site"],
      "category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
      "wikiId": "",
      "relatedWikiIds": [],
      "relatedEntities": [],
      "showOnClick": [],
      "context": "Research / Exped Phone:  (800) 421-2421 x306 Fax:  (800) 421-2419 www.outdoorresearch.com www.humanpoweredadventure.com    -----Original Message----- From: Blake Robert [mailto:xflagstaff9@...]  Sent: Wednesday, September 24",
      "metaData": {
      "visible": "true"
      }
      },
      "lw_1222359215_4": {
      "text": "xflagstaff9@...",
      "extended": 0,
      "startchar": 1629,
      "endchar": 1649,
      "start": 1629,
      "end": 1649,
      "extendedFrom": "",
      "predictedCategory": "",
      "predictionProbability": "0",
      "weight": 1,
      "relScore": 0,
      "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/mailto"],
      "category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
      "wikiId": "",
      "relatedWikiIds": [],
      "relatedEntities": [],
      "showOnClick": [],
      "context": "",
      "metaData": {
      "linkHref": "mailto:xflagstaff9@...",
      "linkProtocol": "mailto",
      "linkYmailto": "mailto:xflagstaff9@...",
      "visible": "true"
      }
      },
      "lw_1222359215_5": {
      "text": "Hammock Camping",
      "extended": 0,
      "startchar": 1980,
      "endchar": 1994,
      "start": 1980,
      "end": 1994,
      "extendedFrom": "",
      "predictedCategory": "",
      "predictionProbability": "0",
      "weight": 0.34463,
      "relScore": 2.54814,
      "type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],
      "category": ["CONCEPT"],
      "wikiId": "Hammock_camping",
      "relatedWikiIds": [],
      "relatedEntities": [],
      "showOnClick": [],
      "context": "was lowered into the hammock.    The current chat topic at Hammock Camping is the use of the Downmat----how to use it in",
      "metaData": {
      "visible": "false"
      }
      }
      };
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "b0273f197d059279e12181b5bf157ec6";

      Blake,

      Thanks for the email.  I'll do my best to answer your downmat questions.
      First off, the valves are a little stiffer than a traditional valve and
      you do need to twist them all the way until they stop to be sure that
      they are closed.  This is different than a traditional screw-type valve
      that only needs to be finger tight.

      I have never been afraid of breaking the valve, but maybe it would seem
      so to others (especially if you are worried about stripping the threads
      -this is nearly impossible with this design).

      If a valve breaks, repair or replacement may be possible, depending on
      the issue.  Give us a call and we will work with you to find a solution.
      We will provide warranty service in the event of a broken valve.

      In the field, remember that you have two valves on the mat, so there is
      a redundancy built into the design.  If one breaks, try to seal it off
      and carry on.  If you can't seal it from the outside, you can glue it
      closed if you have to and carry on with your trip.  Give us a call when
      you get back for warranty service.

      I hope this helps.  Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

      Regards,
      Jason

      Jason Rudolph
      Customer Service

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 28, 2008
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Zeigler" <k.zeigler@...>
        wrote:

        > Would you say that it can be used instead of an under quilt or other
        > forms of cold weather systems?

        Plenty of people do. You sometimes need a little more width for pads
        in a hammock than on the ground because of the way a hammock tends to
        wrap around your shoulders. Some folks use well place clothes or
        stuff sacks for that or others use a SPE (segmented pad extender) that
        Speer Hammocks makes for that.
        http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/SPE.htm .

        Dave Womble
        aka Youngblood 2000AT