Re: Rock Hopper Hammock URL with pic

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 10, 2008
      sorry, couldn't find an "edit" option after I pressed Send

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Rock-Hopper-Ultra-Lite-Camping-Tent-Hammock-Combo-
      NEW_W0QQitemZ220279323229QQihZ012QQcategoryZ36118QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd
      Z1QQcmdZViewItem

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer"
      <sandykayak@...> wrote:

      > That's very interesting...I have a Byer's Moskito Traveler with the
      > bug net. Has anyone tried inserting aluminum poles to use on the
      > ground? If so, what did you do to hold them in place.
      >
      > This should be fun to play around with.
      >
      > sandy in miami
      >

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Ron Reid and I are planning to hike 6 miles in to W. Fork of Oak
      > Creek and camp-then spend several days of dayhiking/loafing in camp.
      > >
      > > This is a beautiful and deep side canyon of Oak Creek Canyon,
      north
      > of Sedona, Arizona. It has a permanent stream of clear water up to
      > about 10 miles from the start-we don't plan to go that far. Do an
      > image search with the search term: "West Fork of Oak Creek".
      > >
      > > You have to get your feet wet going in and back out. There may be
      > insects---I will use my HH with the net.
      > >
      > > We will start from the Call of the Canyon parking lot (pay/day)
      > about 9 a.m. Monday---if the weather prospect is nice.
      > >
      > > I have won a Rock Hopper "Ultralight" hammock/tent on ebay at $50
      > and hope to test it before hiking the north Superstitions about
      Oct.
      > 10th---when the 100+ years old Reavis Ranch orchard still bears
      > fruit. I also hope to test my Panda hammock/sleeping bag-both as a
      > sleeping bag in a hammock (top zipper) and as a hammock---when it
      > gets cool.

    • Richard Perlman
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 15, 2008
        Cara Lin,

        Have you thought about adding a "solid barrier"
        between you and the soggy fog?

        Perhaps Ed's 10' x 11' Winter Tarp?
        http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/Tarps.htm

        Rich