Re: HH tree huggers & tree damage

  • David Mention
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 8 5:27 PM
      Very nice pictures, and an interesting problem. I share the previous
      opinion that tree bark is pretty durable, still, it would be better
      to avoid damage.

      Sometime I take some small branches and place them vertically
      underneath the tree hugger, maximizing the pressure on those points
      but avoiding the wear of the strap. I place the sticks every 8-10
      inches, and here in the NE it prevents any abrasion.

      Cheers!

      Dave Mention
      dave.mention@...
      wine - photography - travel - kayaking - skiing
      Leave No Trace M.E./Reg. Maine Guide/EMT/KB1OJW
      Bowdoinham, Maine

    • Richard Perlman
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 15 8:18 AM
        Cara Lin,

        Have you thought about adding a "solid barrier"
        between you and the soggy fog?

        Perhaps Ed's 10' x 11' Winter Tarp?
        http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/Tarps.htm

        Rich