Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: HH tree huggers & tree damage--correct links

  • gene fields
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 7 10:31 PM
      Hi There!

      I got away from tree huggers years ago. I use re-cycled seat belts.

      I retrieved seat belts from old wrecks in the junkyard, have a 4" loop sewn into each end I cut out of the car and one loop thru the other and with the buckle as the adjuster, I canhang from up to 30" diameter trees or as small as 6". Attach the hammock to a carabiner and then it to the protruding loop. Never saw damage to a tree in 15 years.

      Greytatanka

      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 15 8:18 AM
        Cara Lin,

        Have you thought about adding a "solid barrier"
        between you and the soggy fog?

        Perhaps Ed's 10' x 11' Winter Tarp?
        http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/Tarps.htm

        Rich