Re: [Hammock Camping] Tyvek as undercover or weathershield

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 7, 2008
      Yes, I'm thinking about just adding another layer of nylon or polyester.
      This will keep the grime (and dog noses) off and keep twigs and bushes
      from rubbing the bottom of the nest. The point being to wash the outer
      layer and not have to wash the nest.

      It's just astounding at how much condensation is a problem here in
      Taiwan. My husband was in a Rainbow and he stayed dry as long as he
      didn't touch the walls. The walls were just soggy with condensation.
      In later posts, you can see the Rainbow and how saggy it is as a tent.

      CL

      tim garner wrote:
      > Yep, I believe in those conditions, you're limited on how much you can do to keep your underquilt dry. Condensation can find it's way almost anywhere.
      > The best approach it seams to me is having an outer shell than can repel the worst of it (DWR), yet will allow your body heat to evaporate what it can, then trying to dry it out the rest of the way as soon as you can.
    • Richard Perlman
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 15, 2008
        Cara Lin,

        Have you thought about adding a "solid barrier"
        between you and the soggy fog?

        Perhaps Ed's 10' x 11' Winter Tarp?
        http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/Tarps.htm

        Rich