Re: [Hammock Camping] Tyvek as undercover or weathershield

    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 7, 2008
        Yep, I believe in those conditions, you're limited on how much you can do to keep your underquilt dry.  Condensation can find it's way almost anywhere.
        The best approach it seams to me is having an outer shell than can repel the worst of it (DWR), yet will allow your body heat to evaporate what it can, then trying to dry it out the rest of the way as soon as you can.

      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 15, 2008
        Cara Lin,

        Have you thought about adding a "solid barrier"
        between you and the soggy fog?

        Perhaps Ed's 10' x 11' Winter Tarp?
        http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/Tarps.htm

        Rich