Re: [Hammock Camping] Fw: motorcycle or bicycle kayak

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
      On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Arye P. R. <aprarye@...> wrote:

      > that's nice. But what I really need is a set of pontoons, a drive system
      > and a tiller for the rudders (for steering). that can be carried on and
      > attached to the bike so one can 'cycle on water'.... and 2 masts to set a
      > hammock on. I figure being able to do 30 knots will suffice as there is more
      > than enough power for that from the cycle.
      >
      > Sapere Aude,

      30 knots is pretty fast

      35 mph or 55 kph

      This is faster than the QE II on transatlantic crossings.

      Ralph

      On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Arye P. R. <aprarye@...> wrote:

      > that's nice. But what I really need is a set of pontoons, a drive system
      > and a tiller for the rudders (for steering). that can be carried on and
      > attached to the bike so one can 'cycle on water'.... and 2 masts to set a
      > hammock on. I figure being able to do 30 knots will suffice as there is more
      > than enough power for that from the cycle.
      >
      > Sapere Aude,
      >
      > Arye P. Rubenstein
      >

      > Imagination is more important than knowledge...
      > It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education... Albert Einstein

    • Arye P. R.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
        that's 30 top speed I'll run at 15-20.
        Power to weight ratio I venture is much lower for the QE or any other cruse ships. I want to get there in daylight. The motorcycle is 600# and has some 60+HP. I'm figuring two pontoons and some rollers to xfer power from the rear wheel to one or two props. one more thing... either totally self contained with a trailer or NO trailer as I'll have no where to park it when cruising the Caribbean.
        Otherwise I'll go for a 35-45ft multihull with a place to park the bike on deck.

        Sapere Aude,

        Arye P. Rubenstein