Fw: motorcycle or bicycle kayak

  • C C Wayah
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
      For anyone interested
      There is a website for making a fold up inflatable Kayak
      that weighs in at around 18 pounds.
      That can be used in combination for a road trip
      Cycle, Hammock, backpack, boat
      pure heaven..

      Rogene
      Just go down to the motorcycle transport section.

      http://yostwerks.com/InflatableMain.html

    • Arye P. R.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
        that's nice. But what I really need is a set of pontoons, a drive system and a tiller for the rudders (for steering). that can be carried on and attached to the bike so one can 'cycle on water'.... and 2 masts to set a hammock on. I figure being able to do 30 knots will suffice as there is more than enough power for that from the cycle.

        Sapere Aude,

        Arye P. Rubenstein

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
          On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Arye P. R. <aprarye@...> wrote:

          > that's nice. But what I really need is a set of pontoons, a drive system
          > and a tiller for the rudders (for steering). that can be carried on and
          > attached to the bike so one can 'cycle on water'.... and 2 masts to set a
          > hammock on. I figure being able to do 30 knots will suffice as there is more
          > than enough power for that from the cycle.
          >
          > Sapere Aude,

          30 knots is pretty fast

          35 mph or 55 kph

          This is faster than the QE II on transatlantic crossings.

          Ralph

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
            that's 30 top speed I'll run at 15-20.
            Power to weight ratio I venture is much lower for the QE or any other cruse ships. I want to get there in daylight. The motorcycle is 600# and has some 60+HP. I'm figuring two pontoons and some rollers to xfer power from the rear wheel to one or two props. one more thing... either totally self contained with a trailer or NO trailer as I'll have no where to park it when cruising the Caribbean.
            Otherwise I'll go for a 35-45ft multihull with a place to park the bike on deck.

            Sapere Aude,

            Arye P. Rubenstein