Re: [Hammock Camping] Outrageous

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2008
      I don't know. I remember a night, crossing the Atlantic, hanging in my
      hammock in the back of a C 141, and every time the pilot would change
      speed, my bottom would bump up against a crate of hand grenades.

      I must admit that if that hammock was on a moving truck, it looks like a
      pretty gritty place to hang. I'd hate all the stuff coming up from the
      street, spraying off the tires.

      Rick

      Ralph Oborn wrote:
      > Most outrageous hammock hang
      >

      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/avi_abrams/401727318/sizes/o/
      >

      > Ralph Oborn

    • Wade Steene
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 30, 2008
        That is a very common sight in Central America.  I saw this frequently while serving in Guatemala.  Truck drivers, especially during the sugar cane harvest , haul day and night.  Then they have to wait in long lines to unload at the Mill.  This is the only way they can get some sleep and not lose their place in line.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
          > I don't know. I remember a night, crossing the Atlantic, hanging in my
          > hammock in the back of a C 141, and every time the pilot would change
          > speed, my bottom would bump up against a crate of hand grenades.

          I used to hang across the back ramp of a c-130 from 1981-83, didn't have to worry about
          hand grenades, but it was during a hot time of the cold war and there was some itchy trigger
          fingers at that time! Regardless, that hammock sure was nice for what little it was, and took
          it backpacking across europe while doing a europass train adventure.
        • dennis barrett
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
            > Most outrageous hammock hang
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/avi_abrams/401727318/sizes/o/

            for more interesting and cool pics of hangs try:
            http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/
            makes you want to go find places to hang at!

            btw, I've been in my eno most of the summer up in the Adirondacks ......
            here, there, and where ever ...... and yeah, I got pics .....
            and when I finally get home, if I do, I'll have to get them all posted .....