Re: [Hammock Camping] Outrageous

  • amendment2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2008
      Depends on if he is the driver! I couldn't decide if the truck was in motion but if it was stationary, it's shaded. If it was moving, all kinds of road junk and dust would make a tough nap.
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...>
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Outrageous
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 12:43 AM

      Most outrageous hammock hang

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/avi_abrams/401727318/sizes/o/

      Ralph Oborn

    • James Wampler
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 30, 2008
        someone just faded the background, wheel and driveshaft...you can see where they missed one of the nuts on the rear wheel, the rest of them are faded, but one of them is in focus? You can do that kind of thing even on free, downloadable photo manipulation programs - it had to be a cool photo even before it was manipulated though....

        To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.comFrom: amendment2@...: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:35:39 +0000Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Outrageous

        Depends on if he is the driver! I couldn't decide if the truck was in motion but if it was stationary, it's shaded. If it was moving, all kinds of road junk and dust would make a tough nap. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T -----Original Message----- From: tim garner <slowhike@...> Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 05:10:27 To: <hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com> Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Outrageous him aint to smart, is him? don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!! --- On Sat, 8/30/08, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote: From: Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> Subject: [Hammock Camping] Outrageous To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 12:43 AM Most outrageous hammock hang http://www.flickr.com/photos/avi_abrams/401727318/sizes/o/ Ralph Oborn [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 30, 2008
          I don't know. I remember a night, crossing the Atlantic, hanging in my
          hammock in the back of a C 141, and every time the pilot would change
          speed, my bottom would bump up against a crate of hand grenades.

          I must admit that if that hammock was on a moving truck, it looks like a
          pretty gritty place to hang. I'd hate all the stuff coming up from the
          street, spraying off the tires.

          Rick

          Ralph Oborn wrote:
          > Most outrageous hammock hang
          >

          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/avi_abrams/401727318/sizes/o/
          >

          > Ralph Oborn

        • Wade Steene
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 30, 2008
            That is a very common sight in Central America.  I saw this frequently while serving in Guatemala.  Truck drivers, especially during the sugar cane harvest , haul day and night.  Then they have to wait in long lines to unload at the Mill.  This is the only way they can get some sleep and not lose their place in line.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
              > I don't know. I remember a night, crossing the Atlantic, hanging in my
              > hammock in the back of a C 141, and every time the pilot would change
              > speed, my bottom would bump up against a crate of hand grenades.

              I used to hang across the back ramp of a c-130 from 1981-83, didn't have to worry about
              hand grenades, but it was during a hot time of the cold war and there was some itchy trigger
              fingers at that time! Regardless, that hammock sure was nice for what little it was, and took
              it backpacking across europe while doing a europass train adventure.
            • dennis barrett
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
                > Most outrageous hammock hang
                > http://www.flickr.com/photos/avi_abrams/401727318/sizes/o/

                for more interesting and cool pics of hangs try:
                http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/
                makes you want to go find places to hang at!

                btw, I've been in my eno most of the summer up in the Adirondacks ......
                here, there, and where ever ...... and yeah, I got pics .....
                and when I finally get home, if I do, I'll have to get them all posted .....