Speer Hammock Instructional Video on YouTube

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2008
      Not sure if "everybody" has seen this. It's 9.5 mins long....Let's
      just say that I've seen better.

      Did not give a close-up of the wrapping technique. Barely mentioned
      the tarp briefly at the end and didn't know the fabric. In 10 mins he
      had plenty of time to demonstrate hanging the tarp instead of spending
      time rolling around in the hammock.

      I gather that Ed sent them the hammocks and a book for this review?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU6r88krh2s&feature=related

      sandy in miami
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2008
        Yep, we need better. Some folks have been talking about making some hammock videos covering the basics for a while, but it just hasn't happened yet.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
          Yeah, Sandi, these two guys took my Speer Hammocks on an epic canoe trip
          down the entire Mississippi River-an effort to raise money for children's
          leukemia. The video they produced of the hammocks is short but
          entertaining. Anyway, it was for a good cause...Ed

          Moderator, Hammock Camping List

          Author, Hammock Camping book

          Editor, Hammock Camping Newsletters

          Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

          Not sure if "everybody" has seen this. It's 9.5 mins long....Let's
          just say that I've seen better.

          Did not give a close-up of the wrapping technique. Barely mentioned
          the tarp briefly at the end and didn't know the fabric. In 10 mins he
          had plenty of time to demonstrate hanging the tarp instead of spending
          time rolling around in the hammock.

          I gather that Ed sent them the hammocks and a book for this review?

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU6r88krh2s
          <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU6r88krh2s&feature=related>
          &feature=related

          sandy in miami