Re: [Hammock Camping] an introduction and a battle plan for next summer

  • j.a. tackett
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
      I don`t know about the idea of the xtracycle route.........it will make your bike to long ..........try weaving your xtra bike around trees or over fallen trees ........this is a good idea for road traveling............but off the road i would think this would make it difficult beside developing a hell of a work out just moving the bike around with it loaded up.........
      interesting site...........

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
        Quite a few people take their xtracycles off road. They say that having
        the weight in the middle makes for a smoother and more controlled ride.

        CL

        j.a. tackett wrote:
        > I don`t know about the idea of the xtracycle route.........it will make your bike to long ..........try weaving your xtra bike around trees or over fallen trees ........this is a good idea for road traveling............but off the road i would think this would make it difficult beside developing a hell of a work out just moving the bike around with it loaded up.........
        > interesting site...........

        Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

        Taichung County 43499
        Taiwan Phone: 886-4-2632-5484
      • j.a. tackett
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
          thats cool...............but it is the length of this bicycle.............that i question...........
          i am planning to do the great divide mountain bicycle trail............ease and comfort is the big thing
          maybe i am just being a prude ..................if the xtra cycle works for some so be it.........
          i am a believer in not messing with the structual design that came from the factory ......especially the abuse that i am going to put my trek fuel through........

          j.a. tackett wrote:
          > I don`t know about the idea of the xtracycle route....... ..it will make your bike to long ..........try weaving your xtra bike around trees or over fallen trees ........this is a good idea for road traveling... ......... but off the road i would think this would make it difficult beside developing a hell of a work out just moving the bike around with it loaded up.........
          > interesting site........ ...

          Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@msa. hinet.net

          P.O. Box 013 Shinjhuang http://megaview. com.tw/~caralin
          Longjing Township http://www.BugDorm. com