RE: [Hammock Camping] Lawson hammock

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23 8:46 AM
      The Lawson is definitely a heavier package than the HH and it doesn't come
      with ropes to hang with.

      There are two reasons/times I would prefer the Lawson

      a)If I knew I would have several nights/places where there were no trees and
      I would have to pitch it on the ground. It really is more of a tent that
      hangs to me rather than a hammock. It goes up nice and easy as a one person
      tent.

      b)If it was going to be really cold. The fly is tight and keeps the heat in
      and the bottom is flat. It was easy for me to put a real sleeping pad into
      it and stay on it. If I cut one (width wide) I could actually cover the
      entire bottom of the hammock with a sleeping pad.

      Still, it stays packed away because my HH is a bit cooler in Texas during
      the summer with a fly on and it is lighter.

      TV