Thankyou For All HH Tips

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2008
      To all that helped me out getting organized in my HH...THANKS. I will
      put all the info to good use. BTW you all made me feel more part of
      the "Group"
      A few weeks ago I finished a 150 mile, kayak trip down the Hudson River
      in N.Y. Albany to NYC. I noticed a HH user hanging it using the
      truckers hitch knot. It went up well and seemed easy to untie. Maybe
      try this one? Any kayaking hammock users out there?
      Tom
    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2008
        Hi Tom,

        I was using a trucker's hitch to tie my HH. It does go up well.
        Spectra, however, can bind super tight. Make sure you put in a quick
        release.

        After experimenting with permanent knots in the spectra (to supply loops
        for the truckers or taunt-line hitches), I found that tie knots were
        very difficult to untie. I've gone back to using the Hennessey Wrap.
        No chance of the spectra binding with a wrap.

        CL
        who was kayaking (whitewater) in the US (about 10 years ago), but is now
        hammocking in Taiwan.