RE: Hammock Camping Field use questions

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 30, 2003
      > I understand the basics of the 'sit, tuck & spin'
      > procedure... With my HH, it can bounce, pitch and
      > roll if I am not careful with my movements and
      > position.

      Practice my friend, practice.

      > But I digress, you make it sound pretty
      > simple...are you SURE you have done
      > this and would recommend it to others? I mean, if
      > this is true, it shouldn't be too hard to access
      > items on the ground without leaving the hammock,
      > would it? That would be really nice and would
      > eliminate the issue that 'you are either in or you
      > are out'.

      I've done it many times, and it is really handy. Having said that, I also
      ditched myself on the ground a few times while getting the knack of it.
      Also, as David observes, I'm in an Explorer Deluxe. Such a maneuver may not
      be possible in a smaller hammock, or in the ED with a much larger user.

      Shane
    • J Cornelius
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 2, 2003

        <snort> Not nearly as hard as I will the first time I get to do it!  Of course, that will be after the initial shock of finding myself asleep on the roof of my hammock wears off ROTFL!

        Jodi