[Hammock Camping] Re: would this work to hold line?

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 11, 2008
      Been there...done that! And I was just testing it out on our
      community lake. Durned thing disappeared. I even went back with a
      small rake.

      sandy aka knot handicapped (bowline and half-hitches I can handle) in
      Miami

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Cara Lin Bridgman
      <cara.lin@...> wrote:

      > Right! One of my biggest concerns is losing those cute little
      black
      > biners that come with the JRB nest.
      >
      > CL
      >
      > Dave Womble wrote:
      > > When there is no clear advantage, there almost is because
      > > you don't have to pack knots, they don't get lost, and they aren't
      > > near the potential weapon if you swing them around on the end of
      cord
      > > or webbing.

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 28, 2008
        Hi Moz,

        I like that knot. It's basically a prussic with a clever way of tying
        off. Once tied, is it adjustable?

        The pics are great--very clear.

        CL

        Moz wrote:
        > Cara Lin Bridgman said:
        >> I have tied bowline and an alpine butterfly knots in my Hennessey
        >> Hammock spectra so I could use other ways of tying my hammock than the
        >> Hennessey Wrap. The Wrap was tedious and was causing some wear and tear
        >> on the tree huggers.
        >
        > I played around with wrap-style knots and came up with one that's
        > quick to tie and has worked well for me for a couple of years now.
        > Have a go and let me know if it works for you:
        >
        > http://moz.net.nz/photo/2005/07/25-knot/
        >
        > If the pics don't make sense I can have another go, but the last
        > person to ask did it just off those.
        >
        > Moz

        Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

        Taichung County 43499